- 1 Cup plus 1 tbsp. cold heavy cream, divided
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. Anchor butter, cold, cubed
- 1/2 Cup shredded Anchor sharp cheddar
- 1 Cup shredded Anchor cheddar, divided
- 5 green onions/scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup cream and egg. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Add sharp cheddar, ¾ cup of cheddar, and green onions, and toss to coat.
- With a fork, stir in cream mixture until just combined. (The dough should be crumbly; do not overwork.)
- Transfer dough to a work surface and pat into a 6″ circle and cut into 6 wedges.
- Arrange scones on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining 1 tablespoon cream and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of cheddar.
- Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.
Recipe inspired by Delish.com