- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 Cups milk
- 1/3 Cup melted Anchor butter
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
Bacon, Cheddar, & Chives
- 3/4 Cup Anchor Cheddar or Sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup chives chopped (or scallions)
- 6 Strips bacon chopped
- Maple Syrup
- Sour Cream
- Extra Chives, Cheddar and Bacon
- Cook the chopped bacon in a skillet until crispy. Drain the fat and set the bacon aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, milk, and melted butter and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Stir in baking powder, taking care to get it thoroughly mixed into the batter. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- While batter is resting preheat a pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cheese, cooked bacon, and chives into the batter, stirring until just combined.
- Add some butter to preheated pan to avoid sticking and then pour the batter onto the pan. Cook until the bottom is browned, the edges are looking solid, and bubbles are coming up through the center of the pancake. Flip over and cook for an additional 2 minutes or so, then set aside to cool.
- Garnish with sour cream/syrup or honey and additional cheese and chives.
Recipe inspired by Sean Bromilow of Diversivore.