- 175g Anchor Salted Butter
- 175g caster sugar [note, can be table sugar]
- 3 eggs
- 175g flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon coffee granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
Topping & Filling
- 300ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons coffee granules dissolved in 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease two round 18cm cake tins and line with baking paper.
- Beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, and add to sugar mixture a little at a time. Mix well after each addition. Mix in the coffee.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and gently fold into the butter mixture.
- Divide the cake mixture between the two tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
For the Topping & Filling
- In a bowl, whip the cream and icing sugar until it has soft peaks. Add the dissolved coffee and mix through.
- Place one cake on a plate/cake stand. Spread half the coffee cream over the top, and place the second cake on top. Spread the remaining coffee cream on top and decorate with walnut pieces.