- 2 tablespoons Anchor Butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons herbs (parsley, chives, thymel), finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups grated Anchor Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 1.5 litre capacity baking dish with butter
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and gently cook the leek for 15 minutes until tender.
- Whisk the egg white in a clean bowl until stiff but not dry. In a separate bowl lightly mix the egg yolk.
- Combine the egg yolk, leeks, flour, herbs, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl and gently fold in the egg white.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and cook for 10 minutes until puffed, golden and set.